Thursday, December 13, 2007

I Am The Luckiest Cyclist

I have reasons...good reasons to feel so. Not just mere bragging. I feel like I am the luckiest cyclist because my house is located in the epicenter of cycling activities. My house is just 10km away from my office. I can cycle to work. Home to office takes about 30 minutes of casual, fun cycling... I have 2 major bike shops famous amongst cyclists within cycling distance - Samy of Batu Caves and Bicycle World of Melawati. Nathan's house is just a walking distance from mine. He has another branch of Bicycle World near my house. I use to hangout at his shop. Trails are aplenty, road and offroad alike. Batu Dam is just 25 minutes cycling. Same goes for Kemensah. I could also cycle to FRIM. 20 odd minutes via the MRR2 to allow me to savor The Dreams, Rover Track, Steroid Hill...Of late, there's a new discovery of off road trail...The Sri gombak - Sg Cincin traverse. It takes less than 20 minutes to reach the trailhead. Only partially explored. Hmmm...I could frequent the trail, explore every inch of its nooks and crannies... If I feel like a change of taste from the wilderness of the off road trail, I could always go to Genting Sempah, famous for its weekend ascend. Also about 20 minutes of cycling to the Batu 12 Hospital Orang Asli, the regular starting place for Genting Sempah climb. I could also enjoy the twists and turns, ups and downs of the Melawati area. A leg tiring climb up to Bukit Yusof Haslam, with rewarding scenery atop its peak, complemented by a swooping tarmac descend after a rerfreshing break on the top... Ahh...blissss. What more can a cyclist ask for...

1 comment:

MAT KEDAH said...

Cayalah Kelolo.. dah update blog.. kalau tidak dok tergantung saja.. baguih.. cuba add chat box..