Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Kulim Hi-Tech MTB Exploration 2009...Counting the Days.

In the recent years, there has been tremendous growth in the mountainbiking scene in Malaysia. Healthy signs...One of the indicator is the increase in number of events, especially huge ones. Huge, by my own yardstick, is the number of participants hovers way above 500. PCC Presidential and Penang Jamboree used to be major events. Now, there are more events adding to the merriment of the mountainbiking siesta. Soon, a new event will take place...the Kulim Hi-Tech MTB Exploration 2009. A debut event by Kulim Hi-Tech Park MTB Team . Salute!

Kulim is significant to me, full of sentimental values. I spent 7 years there for my secondary school. Span of time that made me witness the transformation of Kulim from a small town down south of Kedah, a sleepy hollow, to a bustling and growing satellite town with Kulim HiTech Park as its catalyst. Fate brought me to my wife, who also hail from Kulim. Kulim is destined to have a huge significance engraved in my life.

So, when this event was announced, I decided to take part without hesitation. Not only that, several of my secondary school mates, seniors and juniors, will be riding together. The Kulimus Alumnus will be riding down memory lane, traversing the past to present...Here I am, tapping on the keyboard, anxiously waiting for the day to come...

2 comments:

akmalhizam said...

BC,hope you'd enjoy the whole experience.
It's always nice to ride through the memory lanes.

BC Kelolo said...

Hmmm...the singletrack of the past. The torturous climb of seeking wisdom. The swooping exhiliration of downhilling joy in jubilation when another milestone in life is achieved. The hot open path of life challenges...The checkpoints to pause for a while to refresh and relook at what has been left behind...A ride down memory lane on a mountain bike...